Non-Executive Directors at Hadlow Rural Community School
6 days left
- Experience level
Hadlow Rural Community School in Kent seeks three non-executives/directors with expertise in either accountancy, project management and legal/compliance to join its board. Board meetings are held at TN11 0AU when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Hadlow Rural Community School is a Single Academy Trust (SAT) offering land based (agricultural) curriculum to serve the rural economy. It is an over-subscribed single academy trust based in Kent and its board is working with the Department for Education to become independent of the adjacent College. The trust currently provides an education for 375 students, employs 55 members of staff and operates with a budget of £2m.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
- finance at CFO level (with accountancy qualifications) or
- legal/compliance or
- project management (capital projects) or
- change/growth management or
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Launch independence from Hadlow College as an establishment and in education provision.
- Negotiate the funding/sponsorship to develop buildings and resources to ensure land based/vocational curriculum is retained
- Covid-19 recovery strategy and enabling remote learning to be available to all students
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Non-Executive Directors at Hadlow Rural Community School
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly