Group Head for Operational Risk
Establish and oversee the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes. Works with colleagues in other areas of Risk Management, Finance, Compliance/Control and the Businesses to assure appropriate management of Operational Risk processes.
The consumer and corporate banking group of a leading multinational bank in the Philippines.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Works with colleagues in other areas of Risk Management, Finance, Compliance/Control and the Businesses to assure appropriate management of Operational Risk processes.
- Facilitates accurate and appropriate reporting of operational risks to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Promotes the use of risk indicators.
- Supports corporate initiatives, including those related to Operational Risk and the alignment of capital assessments with risk management objectives.
- Identifies emerging operational risks in the context of the current economic, regulatory and business environment and assure that measures are being taken to mitigate these risks.
- Analyzes operational risk data (typically losses, metrics or assessment results) to identify areas of excessive risk and to ensure that mitigation efforts are having the desired effect(s).
- Investigates causes for metrics that are deviating from trends and escalate situations that pose excessive risk(s).
- Identifies root causes of major internal losses and ensure actions are taken to reduce the risk of loss from similar causes.
- Provides Operational Risk oversight to assure policy and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitates adherence to specific regulatory requirements for the Consumer franchise, including the International Convergence of Capital Measurement and Capital Standards ('Basel II').
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred and managerial experience
- Experienced in Operational Risk. Knowledge of other risk disciplines (market risk, credit risk) a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical ability; asks insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draws meaningful conclusions. Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
- Proficient in developing new ideas to mitigate risk and improve current processes.
- Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively. Consistently reads different situations accurately and takes appropriate action to gain senior colleague/ client commitment.
- Articulates clearly how risk technology supports unit's business, as well as the issues due to gaps between the current technology and known business requirements.
- Ability to measure and assess the impact of stress shocks including fat-tailed risks. Well-versed in reviewing the dimensions of franchise risk.
- Advanced Leadership skills, with an understanding and appreciation for diverse backgrounds.
Dynamic leadership opportunity offering a clear path for career growth and progression.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Angela Ng on +63 02 7795 2811.