Sr. Tax Accountant
Sr. Tax Accountant
This position is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Tax Accountant to bring valuable experience in State and Local Tax related matters including: using software (PTMS and Vertex 9.0) to prepare and file Business Personal Property Tax and Sales Tax Returns, reconcile notices of value, and remit tax payments. The position will have some mentoring/coaching of tax staff responsibilities. There will also be internal and external customer facing opportunities and tax legal research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of Business Personal Property Tax returns using PTMS software.
- Troubleshooting data imports into system of record
- Reconciling Notices of Value and filing informal or formal appeals when necessary.
- Payment of Property Tax Bills.
- Providing Customer Assistance on Property Tax technical questions.
- Interfacing with Internal and External Customers.
- Providing Audit support as needed
- Assist with filing of Monthly Sales Tax returns using Vertex
- Provide tax audit support upon request
- Provide client with tax support upon request.
- Assist in gathering and documenting department procedures.
- Research Sales Tax inquiries and tax law changes using RIA–Checkpoint.
- Keep abreast of new tax law changes and assess impact to the Company.
- Special projects as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 6–8 years of relevant work experience or
- Experience with PTMS software a plus
- Experience with Vertex or similar software a plus
- Leasing Industry experience a plus
- Prior Public Accounting experience and/or Large Corporation experience (revenue over $1B) desired
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Access and Word.
- Experience with on–line tax and accounting research tools, such as Thompson Reuter's products (Checkpoint, RIA etc???).
- 10 key a must.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel or Access skills a must.
- Ability to manage concurrent responsibilities effectively and in compliance with specified deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to cope under pressure and maintain flexibility.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA, MBA a plus – not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Some overtime may be required
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Internal– will communicate with various departments throughout the company, resolving issues, following up on requests.
- External–will participate in providing documentation for yearly state/county audits, communication with various tax jurisdictions and following up on client requests.