Associate - Manage HC Inventory
The Manage Hydrocarbon Inventory (MHI) process extends across many steps in the lifecycle of hydrocarbon stock within the Shell Group - from recording contracts for purchases and sales of stock in our systems, recording stock movements, stock reconciliations, invoicing for stock sales and payments for stock purchases, through to stock valuation. MHI forms part of the wider Hydrocarbon Management process which has been identified as one of the five key processes on which Group will focus in order to improve further its competitive position and close the value gap.
The MHI processes undertaken in Krakow support a number of Downstream businesses, principally Trading & Supply, but also Aviation, Bitumen, Lubes and Chemicals and Gas & Power business.
This particular Associate position refers to working in Hydrocarbon processes – HM Exchange Chemicals with the possibility to learn E2E process (Accounts Payable , Stock Reconciliation, Stock Valuation and Mass Balance).
- An Accountant will conduct accounting activities related to invoice settlements and billing/product movements’ postings/stocks of hydrocarbons reconciliation/stock valuation
- Accurately and on time monitor, chase, identify and discuss reason for open items
- Maintenance of control framework in accordance to procedures
- Execute process activities timely and first time right
- Contribute to continuous process improvements and simplification
- Ensure business partnering trough active participation in operational calls and other forums to raise and escalate issues
- Operate co-operatively with other teams and stakeholders providing mutual assistance to deliver overall success
- Provide timely and accurate data processing and performance reporting on HC processes for each OU within scope– take ownership and initiative until is successfully and accurately processed
- Manage and answer vendor queries in prompt manner
- Resolve process issues with help of other teams, both within and outside Finance department
- Taking part in operational calls, communicate effectively with relevant departments
- Ensure appropriate process documentation, roles and procedures
- Carrying out other tasks assigned by the supervisors
Experience and Qualifications required
- University degree, preferably in economic, accounting or finance area or equivalent accounting courses
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant accounting environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting system is desirable
- Very good English (written and oral) is a must
- Organizational skills, ability to deal with competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Customer focus and ability to cooperate with other cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team and with business partners
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to recognize issues, attempt resolution and escalate problems if unable to resolve
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.