Senior Associate/Manager, Transaction Diligence (Financial Services), Strategy and Transactions
Join our Financial Services - Transaction Diligence team and you will work with many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our industry-aligned transaction support professionals provide insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our FS Transaction Diligence team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within Strategy and Transactions (SaT) and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
Typically, you'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress. You'll also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management and recruitment.
Your key responsibilities:
- Understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the ASEAN and Asia-pacific to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Gather, verify and analyse information, and formulate views
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel databooks, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Plan and monitor the progress of the team
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrate a keen interest in financial services activity
- Excellent analytical, IT and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualified
- Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services sector (either from within an Audit or Transaction Support role)
- Strong academic record including a degree
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong word, excel and PowerPoint skills
Ideally, you also have:
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a
better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.