Analyst - Credit Cash Appl/ Alloc
The purpose of this role is to ensure the proper handling and accounting of payments from 3rd party customers through the identification of customer and possible need for allocation into the right invoice.
Responsible of handling all incoming cash coming from customers through the various payment methods in which we offer (cheque, EFT, Direct Debit, Telegraphic Transfer, etc.) incl maintenance AR Customer Master Data in relation to Direct Debt Mandates
- To ensure that bank balances are sub-ledger accounts of customers are balanced.
- Completion of BSP workflow to enable updates on MRD
- To ensure that cash application is completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Downstream Credit Manual
- Validates completed Direct Debt Instructions and run daily reports from bank for any missing Direct Debit Data
- Responsible for ensuring timely reversal of DD rejection as well as returned cheques whilst following up with relevant stakeholders
- Allocations of incoming receipts in scope where DC is not performed (i.e. Debt Recovery, Corporate accounts where DC sits in CBC, Touchless accounts)
- Analyse unidentified missing receipts and communicates directly with Bank business and other relevant parties to ensure resolution within prescribed timeline.
- Produce details to be input to weekly and monthly control reports and MI – such as unallocated and unapplied cash details
- Ensure performance metrics are met and performs the monthly reconciliation of General ledger accounts
- Ensuring that all debit and credit balances on customer’s accounts statement is worked to conclusion through either payments or adjustments, for those accounts where there is no assigned Debt Collectors
- Performing and owning the Blackline (reconciliation) process
Translated Company Description
Ensure that all cash and cheques have been entered into the system, banked on the due date and that receipts are applied to customer accounts. This is critical to managing the exposure levels of our customers and to our debt collection teams.
Applies knowledge and understanding of banking process in resolving complex issues arising from various modes of receipts.
The market is moving away from manual processes into an automated one. Moving payment application process to an automated one is no exception. It is cheaper and more effective. The added role of the cash application is the challenge of converting customers from the traditional payment methods to the more electronic payment methods; therefore reducing overall Shell’s operating costs.
- Communication - can communicate with confidence and clarity, both written & verbal, in the required language of the OU being supported.
- Organized - ability to prioritize workload within time constraints. Excellent time management is required and working to strict deadlines.
- Analytical - ability to gather information, articulate, interprets data, solve problems, and make decisions. Has attention to detail.
- Demonstration of excellent Customer Focus Skills
- Knowledge of GSAP/H3 preferred
- Proficient IT skills especially Excel e.g. Vlookup, Pivot, Macro
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.