Cards Finance Senior Analyst
- Gathers data, analyses and reports findings. Gathers data using existing formats; resolves disputes and acts as an SME, first escalation level.
- Conducts analyses to solve relatively standardized or repetitive information and data queries/problems.
- Works within a limited variety of well-defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardized) and is supervised on progress and results by manager. Works autonomously within this defined scope, directly supporting management and specialists.
- Supports stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes, guides based on basic data analysis. Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner to obtain and understand the background of information.
- Identifies shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures and makes suggestions and gives input to improve existing methods, systems and procedures.
This job profile contains generic information and does not describe individual positions or required job competencies. Grading decisions will also depend on other factors.
Translated Company Description
Cards Accounting Team is part of the Revenue organization and is providing financial support for Fleet Solution Business across European market. As part of global team operating out of 2 main hubs in SBO Manila and Krakow, we manage 19 entities with over USD 30b of annual sales.
Shell Fleet Solution is a dynamic business of constantly growing market of fuel cards with extended customer value proposition driven by modern technologies and 21st century requirements.
Senior Cards Analyst which position is part of the Cards Team is responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of various type of Fuel & non Fuel Cards transactions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis including error monitoring and correction of differences with partner statements and recording revenue figures into accounting system. The role will support Finance Advisors, Finance Managers & Reporting and Analysis Team in their work for the Shell Downstream business.
Senior Analyst will have close interaction with the various stakeholders within Finance Operations (inside and outside Revenue Department), Customer Operations as well as various Fleet Solution Specialists.
Senior Analyst must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong communication skills to develop effective relationships with his stakeholders and business partners. Senior Analyst will be significant part of Global & Local projects essential for Cards Team scope therefore his Cards process knowledge supported by accounting skills is crucial. The role will also handle a variety of financial/business activities related to Month End Closing and controls therefore good time management and ability to work under pressure are required.
Cards Accounting Senior Finance Analyst will work closely with the Team Manager and the assigned Cards Specialist in the delivery of the team’s priorities in alignment with the business goals:
Timely monitor and accurately process cards national & international transactions data – taking ownership and initiative until transaction is successfully and accurately processed and reconciled Perform detailed analysis of proceeds and costs related to Fuel & non-Fuel Cards transactions throughout the month Perform complex reconciliation of cost & proceeds resulting from Third Party Networks/Merchants/Cards contracts and address challenges with Vendors & Contract Owners Perform daily and monthly accounting entries into ERP systems in line with Revenue IFRS, ensuring accurate Month end closure of the Accounts Receivable Perform complex analysis in case of discrepancies or challenges met Perform analyst role in balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements are met on a timely basis Perform all activities with the highest quality and standards, keeping all SLAs and KPIs according to agreed targets Support Growth Business with new contracts implementations Be a Role Model and support colleagues from the Team with daily complex activities Complete all audit walkthroughs timely and support all queries with his knowledge and understanding E2E process Collaborate with other Revenue colleagues and other processes to ensure timely closure of ledger Operate non-SOX and internal controls in line with Work Instructions and the Group controls framework Participate in Revenue global projects (IPP Nirvana, new CVP contracts, automatization etc.) Maintain and implement agreed individual development plan Ensure that all relevant Shell and SBO standards and guidelines are met Carry out ad hoc tasks and projects assigned by the supervisor
- Responsible for Cards Accounting analysis for Downstream Business Shell Fleet Solution
- Support Growing Business with new contracts implementations
- Involved in Global projects supporting Business Growth as well as digitalization and modern technologies (Digital Task Force, IPP Nirvana, New CVP offers etc.)
*Skills & Requirements:
- Process and Data Management – Skill
- Business Partnering – Skill
- CI Mindset – Skill
- ERP Systems (e.g. SAP, Blackline) - Skill
- Business & Process Knowledge - Skill
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 3-year experience in Finance or Accounting General overview of major accounting processes
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel and MS Outlook Experience of using a major ERP system such as GSAP, H3 applications, Blackline
- Very good command of English (B2/C1) with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills Able to work independently and keen to take responsibility
- Self-motivated, proactive, improvement driven, and customer focused
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.