Senior Associate, Audit, Pension Funds - London
6 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Associate within the London office of our award winning Pension Funds team.
We provide a wide range of audit and assurance services to prestigious pension schemes (Top 20 audit firm) sponsored by companies across various sectors and master trusts, many of whom are household names.
In addition to working on audits, the role will involve working on assurance projects which includes governance and risk reviews and reporting on internal controls under the assurance framework AAF 01/06 and AAF02/07.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Undertaking statutory audits in an audit senior role being involved in all stages of the audit from planning, to onsite fieldwork and completion.
- Show initiative and a willingness to take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- Review and assist in the preparation of client accounts.
- Adhere to deadlines and keep the manager/partner informed of progress at all times.
- Take responsibility for own work, prioritising as necessary.
- Keep technically up to date.
- Willingness to undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
Specialist/technical knowledge and experience
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of pension fund sector and the.
- Pensions SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- Need good communications skills both internally and externally.
- Will also be required to communicate with all members of the team and other departments in the firm.
Why join Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Closing Date: 03 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.