Manager – Audit, Investment Funds - London
5 days left
- Experience level
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost audit, advisory and tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed. We are the UK’s top Charity Auditor and have achieved this award for nine consecutive years. Our reputation and success is matched only by our ambition and we know that to continue our remarkable growth we will need to carry on engaging and keeping the best talent out there. This is the cornerstone of our growth strategy. Our friendly and inclusive culture is centred around our values of We care, We share, We invest, We grow. We aim to deliver excellent client service which adds value to our clients and a rewarding experience for our people. After all, if our people do well, so do we.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in investment funds and previous experience in this sector is a pre requisite for consideration.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is (highly desirable).
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- CCAB body membership, eg ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.Closing Date: 01 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.