Trust Operations – Alternative Team, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Senior Associate, the Associate 2 will be responsible for assisting with the completion of accurate and timely daily-operations related to Alternatives products.
This involves adherence to strict deadlines while supervising and contributing to the development of the team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
The primary and immediate responsibilities include:
- event management of alternative assets (ex, capital call, distributions)
- price calculation for alternative funds
- create various reports
- onboarding process for a new account
- perform inquiry from client
- support Aggregator Business (data collections / data verifications and outbound data creations for Alternatives investments)
- maintain manual, checklist and procedures.
- perform other BAU and/or ad-hoc tasks
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in Japanese and English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.