Manager, Corporate Tax - Kent, Maidstone
We have a vacancy for a Corporate Tax Manager to work in our Kent office Tax team. This is a full time permanent role with flexible working and progression opportunities.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and international tax work. You will oversee larger or more complex corporate compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner-managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be involved in advisory work and business development initiatives, working with the team to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience. You will be expected to use your own initiative and work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, audit and corporate finance colleagues.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential.
- Significant corporate tax and accounting experience on a range of compliance and advisory projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to make improvements when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Leading work on tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners and directors.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including corporate taxes, VAT, personal taxes, employment taxes and corporate finance support.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind and with integrity.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risks faced by the client, including the management of reputational, operational and credit risk in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adherence to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UK GAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; good tax technical knowledge and proficiency in basic technical and mathematical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk matters.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Closing Date: 02 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.