Senior Tax Specialist with Portuguese
We are currently looking for an experienced tax professional with fluent Portuguese to join our Indirect Tax team responsible for appropriate settlements of indirect taxes in Shell companies in the South America region. The role is located in Krakow but it is a part of our global tax structures.
The main purpose of the role is assurance of Indirect Tax Compliance in assigned scope with special focus on preparation of indirect tax returns figures; improvements of Systems, Process and Stakeholders relations within end to end Indirect Tax Process as well as to provide coaching and advise to colleagues from the team.
- Complete all indirect tax related accounting activities upon which indirect tax returns depends, including control checks of transactional data to identify any errors or anomalies
- Work with Financial Transaction teams to ensure that errors are properly corrected and that remedial action has been taken to minimize the likelihood of similar errors in future
- Ensure all indirect tax related corrections and adjustments are entered correctly in the ERP system
- Reconcile VAT, excise duty, and other indirect taxes
- Prepare and deliver timely and accurately indirect tax returns to the Indirect tax Authorities
- Prepare Intrastat reporting
- Provide assistance to indirect tax reviews and statutory audits
- Initiate ideas to improve the process – quick wins, lead CI projects
- Provide process advise in case of changes in system set up, close cooperation with Superusers in case of system issues,
- Build and maintain close cooperation with local indirect tax advisor
- Ownership for all compliance aspects within assigned scope- including SOAR, CCI, Controls,Metrics,
- Support and coach more junior team members
- Processes are heavily loaded towards dead lines for indirect tax returns which may require additional hours at critical times.
- Cooperation with many stakeholders (AP/AR, Indirect tax departments)
- Constantly updating knowledge about local indirect tax related regulations, process and business
- Build trust and confidence in co-operation with onshore organizations
- Min. 3 years professional experience in accounting/ finance, including min. 1,5 year in indirect tax return preparation and/or indirect tax audit and/or experience as the indirect tax advisor
- Practical knowledge about VAT, excise duty and other indirect taxes
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook
- Good practical knowledge of Excel
- Fluent English and Portuguese
- Attention to detail (incorrect returns may lead to significant financial penalties for Shell)
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Experience in managing change in improving the process
- Ability to work under time/quality pressure
- Experience in project management
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.