Manager, BU Financial Analysis
3 days left
- Experience level
Manager, Global Services Finance, is responsible for managing the financial analysis, execution and performance of Global Services, managing a team of analysts, and strategically partnering with the Heads of Global Services on strategic and business operations analytics.
Responsible for the strategic financial metrics analytics of the global operations to develop volume and unit cost metrics. Provide data driven analytics to drive decisions on the existing and future investment needs of Global Services. Provide insights and qualitative support to enrich the analytics and inform decisions.
Responsible for the financial reporting and month end close of Global Services. Manage a team of analysts in Chicago and Manila to effectively and efficiently perform FP&A activities for Global Services, including but not limited to month end close, management reporting, forecast and plan.
Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the function. Develops, implements, and communicates the direction of the team's financial analytical processes and strategies to meet both the function's and the corporation's strategic plan.
- Manages the MRPA function of Global Services globally with staff in Chicago and Manila, including management review and communication of financials at Executive level. Partners with local finance teams to find efficiencies and synergies in a regional model delivering for a global business unit.
- Foster and develop a culture of collaboration and best in class financial acumen, and lead by example
- Develop an understanding of operational and business drivers and priorities to assist Global Services leadership make informed , data driven decisions
- Manage the expectations around workload and deliverables, manage multiple clients and partners globally to achieve successful financial performance
- Partners with Global Services Executives on the strategy and financial analytics on strategic analyses and priorities.
- Collaborate with Global Services, Technology, and Procurement functions in order to drive demand analytics to optimize third party spend
- Create, develop, manage, and continuously improve trend analysis and unit cost metrics, and articulate the unit cost , trend analysis, and pro forma impacts of these metrics on the business
- Ability to manage and work through ambiguity and nuance
- Manage and analyze the financials with a critical and question eye and articulate assumptions the their impacts on financial performance
- Clear, concise, effective communication of the business drivers and financial impacts of Global Services
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment;
- Consistently deliver quality client services and drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes
- Provide consultation to optimize the use of real-world data to accelerate research, development and market decisions
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, with 6+ years experience
- CPA/MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with understanding and analyzing complex contracts and financial impacts.
- Experience with operational financial metrics
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statement
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization/ interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.