Analyst, Procurement Demand Mgmt
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The Consultant on the Procurement Demand Management team is responsible for partnering with Global Procurement, the Business Units, and Finance to attain expense reductions through business unit sponsored initiatives, negotiated savings, post sourcing savings, financial analysis and continuous process improvements.
- Partners with category managers, product managers, business partners, and technical staff to understand requirements.
- In addition to interacting with multiple business partners, the role requires interacting with suppliers to develop category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s).
- The Consultant will review contracts, sourcing plans, demand, usage, and forecasting to create financial models.
- Responsible for creating value for the sourcing process and analytics.
- Leads the collection and analysis of data, and may assist pricing discussions & negotiations.
- Serve as the point of contact for specific supplier relationships, across multiple business units and service areas
- Executes special projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Identifies improvements to existing processes to further gain operational efficiency and productivity.
- Prepare / review reports and analyze to determine impacts, issues, and opportunities. Provide KPIs and metrics.
- Work with Global Procurement and Corporate & Shared Services Finance team to analyze and review supplier spend
- Develop, present, and execute ad-hoc products
- Coordinate supplier strategic relationship reviews
- Develops category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s); providing input to pricing discussions
- Creates suggestions for improvements of global policies, programs and processes
- Carries out activities with financial, vendor, and/or internal business impact
Knowledge/ Skills & Qualifications required
- Uses expertise to provide guidance to others as a project manager or consultant.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and clients.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Works on projects and develops project leadership skills
- Solves problems in straightforward situations
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team
- Prior Finance and/or Supply Chain Management and Procurement experience
- Strong technical finance and contracts background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of process and process improvement
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- 2 - 4years of experience
- A College or University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance and three to four years relevant work experience and knowledge of Sourcing or Procurement.
- Financial analysis and modeling experience required
- Ideal candidate should have a Finance almost forensic accounting type work experience that has analytics and metrics as key responsibilities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.