Assistant Project Accountant
DAWSON is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the DAWSON "Ohana", you will be provided a best–in–class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit .
Job Title: Assistant Project Accountant – Construction
The Project Accountant is accountable for maintaining and administering the company's ERP system, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customer and payment collected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributing as a member of the project team by proactively addressing financial, cost and client reporting issues.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of job set–up documentation.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of the project job costing system.
- Participating in the preparation of customer invoicing complete with appropriate back–up and approvals.
- Responsible for job close tasks including thorough review of historical cost data to ensure proper cost coding, compliance with sales arrangement and inclusion of all job costs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Perform certified payroll
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Accounting from four–year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel
- 0–2 years' experience in construction project accounting
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment–free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision
DAWSON gives preference to Internal Candidates. If no internal candidate meets our qualifications, external candidates will be given consideration.
DAWSON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.