Oversee the core finance team of 7, whilst improving processes, systems and reporting capability of the finance team. You will also support the CFO and play a key role in projects and commercial success of the business.
My client is a well known, private equity backed manufacturing business. Based in West Kent, they are easily accessible from Croydon, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
As the Financial Controller you will take the role of day to day head of finance, supporting the CFO and the Private Equity investors as necessary.
You will lead the Management Accounting and Ledger teams and will play the key role in the achievement of the annual Budget and 3 Year Plan; developing and controlling the company's annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met. You will also provide support to the wider business to ensure there is a focus on the key measures and drivers. This is as commercial a role as it is technical, as you will recommend any changes necessary to improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Devising and driving financial discipline across the business
- Delivering finance business plans
- Providing a full finance pack for monthly review by the board
- Working closely with the wider business to advise on cost control measures
- Leading the standardisation and automation of processes across the business
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of sales and margin reporting, with associated commentary to provide commercial insight
- Producing reports and statements which accurately measure cash flow, profit and loss, stock and debtors etc
- Monitoring costs and maximising savings, reporting on performance variances
- Reviewing capital expenditure with budget holders
- Monitoring KPIs and tracking tools
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and running the annual Audit function
The ideal candidate for this Financial Controller will have experience of working in a manufacturing business (cost accounting experience), and will have worked in a fast paced, rapidly changing (possibly Private Equity backed) business. Additionally you will:
- Be Fully qualified with a track record of success at a leadership level within Finance
- Have the ability to motivate teams to produce quality data within tight timescales, and able to prioritise for the benefit of the business.
- Be able to manage several products and react to changing requirements
- Have excellent comincation skills
- Be technically excellent yet commercially switched on and able to innovate.
- Be assertive, and able to influence and challenge leadership appropriately.
The Financial Controller will enjoy an excellent package including:
- Base salary of £75-85,000 +
- Car allowance
- Bonus potential
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays