DZS (NSDQ: DZSI) is a global provider of leading–edge access, 5G transport, and enterprise communications platforms that enable the emerging hyper–connected, hyper–broadband world. A pioneer in disaggregated platforms, SDN, and virtualization, service providers and enterprises look to DZS for the innovation that leads to future–proof networks and outstanding performance. Over 1200 service providers, operators, and enterprises in over 120 countries have leveraged DZS innovation, open solutions, and agility to arm them with the network resources and deployment freedom they need to lead in their markets and deliver an unrivaled communications experience. With manufacturing, engineering, service and support centers of excellence spread across the globe, DZS is positioned to bring next–generation technologies and world–class solutions to service providers and enterprises who are poised to transform, compete and win.
DZS is seeking an ambitious, high–energy individual to be part of its high–performing finance team and contribute to the success of a growing company. The role will be based in the company's global headquarters in Plano, Texas.
Reporting to the Director –Financial Planning and Analysis, the successful candidate in this role must possess strong business acumen, have a proven track record of performing meaningful business analysis and the ability to interpret and offer driver–based insights on business performance. This role will require a hands–on candidate that is detail oriented, has a strong knowledge of the most current Excel techniques and is inquisitive to understand the drivers of business results.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial results to identify trends and explain sequential period, year–over–year and budget variances in revenues, margins, expenses, capital spend and cash flows at a granular level.
- Perform deeper analytics into revenue, margins and expenses as required to investigate major, unexpected or persistent variances and articulate findings to leadership.
- Develops and manages management reporting and KPIs for the business through implementation of dynamic dashboards, bridges and analysis of change.
- Oversees preparation of weekly / biweekly / monthly reports and other periodic reporting of financial performance metrics.
- Develops financial models to facilitate product revenue, standard and actual cost and spend analyses.
- Conducts reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities with operations, HR, regional leaders, etc
- Participates in annual operating and budget planning process, assisting monthly close insights, consolidations, analysis and periodic forecasts.
- Identifies opportunities for the development and implementation of process improvements, standardization, automation and documentation to create capacity for greater analytics.
- Maintains reporting, planning and analytical integrity by ensuring alignment with the sources of truth.
- May assist in month end/quarter end close tasks.
- Collaborate with diverse and cross functional teams, domestically and internationally
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required, such as reports to the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Business, Accounting or Finance field.
- Minimum of 3–5 years general accounting experience with 2–3 years financial / business analysis experience.
- Professional and positive communication and organizational skills, including an ability to clearly explain complex concepts to non–accounting personnel.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience working with large data sets, excel models or schedules
- Experience with process improvement projects and ability to manage multiple on–going projects.
- Diligent, highly efficient and accurate, with extreme attention to detail
- Self–starter, effective follow through and timely in providing status updates.
- Ability to work independently and productively in a dynamic environment, as well as being a solutions–oriented team player.
- Must be able to effectively manage and prioritize critical deadlines
- CPA, CFA, or MBA desired
At DZS, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. DZS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.