Audit Manager - Banking & Capital Markets, London
3 days left
- Experience level
Audit Manager - Banking & Capital Markets, London
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the Banking and Capital Markets industry.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Take ownership of the execution of high-quality audit work on more complex audit engagements, including management of risk, independence and professional scepticism
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including the strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, engagement economics and delivery of exceptional client service
- Challenge the effectiveness of the audit strategy and approach for all engagements
- Team effectively with other service lines
- Actively engage in required consultations
- Embrace feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits
- Enhance EY’s brand positioning through strong external relationships across a network of existing and future clients
- Provide strategic and relevant insight, connectivity and responsiveness to all clients that anticipates their needs
- Maximise business development opportunities through leveraging networks across service lines and geographies
- Maximise operational efficiency with a focus on key performance drivers and improve operational practices by leading and implementing new audit solutions and enablers
- Be recognised as a respected and supportive mentor, coach and counsellor, building career value for individuals
- Build and develop high performing and diverse teams by creating a trusting, supportive and inclusive team environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise in Banking and Capital Markets
- Business development skills, ability to identify and pursue new opportunities
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Team and peer leadership skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current market issues in the Banking & Capital Markets sector in the UK
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here: https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/what-its-like-to-work-here
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.