Executive Manager Pricing and Analytics
Do work that matters
The Executive Manager, Pricing and Analytics plays a pivotal role in ensuring the General Insurance (GI) portfolios deliver on customer value and profit growth expectations. The role will be critical in managing insurance risk and ensuring GI is positioned competitively in order to protect more Australians. In addition, you will be responsible for managing pricing related communications and issues with the retail bank network.
The purpose of this role is to build and sustain CommInsure’s internal GI pricing capability. This will involve a wide range of pricing related activities – peril rating, demand modelling, competitor analysis, technical risk cost pricing, retention modelling and other analysis. You will adopt both a hands-on approach to technical pricing and also a high degree of mentoring and coaching of staff.
See yourself in our team
The General Insurance business serves one million Australians and is responsible for the delivery of home and motor insurance offered by Commonwealth Bank and Bankwest. It comprises the following functional teams:
- Customer Operations
- Pricing & Analytics
- Product & Entity Management
- Business Partnerships
You will be joining a highly engaged team with a learning and growth mindset.
In any given week:
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in determining company policies for product development, pricing, reserving, reinsurance and financial management from an actuarial perspective.
- Developing and implementing strategies, policies and guidelines for the pricing function; monitoring all operations and control cycles.
- Developing methods and procedures to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the pricing functions for the organisation; implementing quality control procedures.
- Communicating the complexities of insurance risk and financials to company executives, the Board, government officials, policyholders, or the general public.
- Provide pricing and actuarial advice, insights and recommendations that support the development of strategies for meeting current and future business needs.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Exceptional people leadership capability with a proven track record in leading and developing high performing teams.
- A deep understanding of the operating model and leadership required in a pricing function
- Resilience, courage and confidence, with the ability to influence strongly and constructively, and a reputation for taking on tough challenges and leading through change
- Experience with senior leadership teams and/or Boards is essential
- A proven track record in succeeding within a complex compliance and regulatory environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to establish collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage within risk appetite and embed a culture of risk management
- Actuarial qualification, or tertiary qualified in statistics or mathematical discipline
- A passion for data science and engineering.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 25/02/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.