Associate, Global Business Solutions - Cheltenham
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Crowe’s growing Global Business Solutions department provides outsourced accounting and tax services to multinational companies.
Due to expansion and growth we have an excellent opportunity for an Associate to join Crowe UK LLP within our Global Business Solutions department as part of the Compliance team based at our office in Cheltenham.
The remit of the Compliance team is to ensure that all statutory compliance deadlines (i.e. statutory financial statements, audits, corporate tax returns, corporate secretarial work etc.) are prepared and filed on a timely basis for our Global Business Solutions (GBS) client portfolio. This covers our clients who have either full subsidiaries, branches or permanent establishments overseas, across 25+ different countries on a global basis.
This new position would further expand the team assigned to our UK client portfolio. You’d be responsible for the preparation and review of UK financial statements, coordination of statutory audit and corporate tax work, and provide ongoing support to the Compliance Supervisor in the overall planning and management of our US client base with their UK statutory obligations.
- Preparing and reviewing UK statutory financial statements in accordance with the applicable UK financial reporting framework and standards (i.e. FRS 102).
- Demonstrable understanding, technical knowledge and application of FRS 102 for US owned UK entities.
- Reviewing financial statements, provide feedback on local statutory adjustments, provide technical support and contribute to the continued development of more junior team members and colleagues.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate UK audit work and assisting with all audit queries coordinating with both internal accounting teams and drafting clear, concise and accurate emails for clients.
- Ensuring UK compliance work is delivered inside deadlines, with minimal Compliance Supervisor input.
- Supporting UK company secretarial services such as the preparation and filing of annual Confirmation Statements, PSC Registers, director appointment and terminations, changes to registered office addresses etc. with Companies House.
- Supporting the Compliance Supervisor on assigned tasks and clients; drafting responses to client queries, dealing with ad-hoc queries and using initiative in different situations.
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the UK Compliance Supervisor/Manager as appropriate.
- Opportunity may exist to assist with compliance work for international clients also, on an ad-hoc basis as necessary.
- Previous experience in UK statutory financial preparation, review and/or audit, gained within public practice, preferably within a business solutions or audit environment.
- Part qualified (ACA/ACCA) highly desirable; ongoing study support can be provided.
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Ability to deliver consistent responses and high standards first time through high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly.
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed.
- IT skills – ability to use Microsoft office packages, in particular Excel. Experience with Caseware (highly desirable).
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients.
- Study support available.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Closing Date: 06 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.