Supervisor/Manager, Tax - London
5 days left
- Experience level
Working at Crowe UK, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career.
The Professionals & Private Client team based in London provides tax compliance and advisory services to a diverse range of clients, including owner managed businesses, partnerships, LLPs, partners and high net worth individuals.
Our people are fundamental to our business and success. Our expert teams of professional advisers and support staff are the key to a first class client service. Our supportive environment encourages responsibility, career development and future business leaders. Building careers is one of the ways we build our business.
- ATT and/or CTA qualification is preferred but not essential
- Significant experience in the professional and private client sector
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- A passion for client service
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results
- A keenness to further your own personal development and career goals
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Acting as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- The ability to work well in a team, to understand others points of view and constructively take on board any points made, whilst at the same time suggesting possible ideas for consideration.
- The ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from clause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the compliance process with appropriate consideration of taxation issues and technical matters.
Your line management: responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the taxation relationship services with a portfolio of clients, helping them to comply with their taxation filing and payment obligations and working with them to manage their taxation affairs. The person in this role will also contribute to the success of our team, which will involve business and people development.
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect. Helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Be actively involved in the training/coaching of tax supervisors and tax assistants by involvement in all aspects of tax compliance and advisory work and proper feedback.
- Be a line manager for tax seniors and tax assistants.
- Participating in office, service line and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Management of the tax relationship of the clients within your portfolio, which will include partnerships, LLPs, individuals, (partners, employees and self-employed)
- Managing and overseeing the personal tax compliance cycle (including tax computations, returns and payments) and liaison with the client and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Reviewing tax reserves for partnerships and LLPs.
- Liaising with the client, other specialists within the firm and HMRC on specific matters which are relevant for partnerships and LLPs.
- Delegation of preparatory aspects of personal tax work to supervisors and assistants and review of their work.
- Liaison with other agents and third parties such as investment managers, stockbrokers and banks where necessary.
- Set up and run meetings with clients to discuss their tax affairs and future tax planning opportunities.
- Dealing with HM Revenue enquiries into tax returns on client portfolio and other clients as appropriate.
- Providing clients with ad hoc tax planning, proactively as well as reactively both in the UK and overseas.
- Be actively involved in the provision of advisory services to clients, including clients of other departments and offices.
- Billing responsibility for all tax work on client portfolio. Balancing the requirement to maximise recovery and manage client expectations.
- Preparation of budgets as appropriate for taxation compliance work on client portfolio.
- Actively communicate with clients on a regular basis and discuss changes in their business and/or personal situations.
- Active liaison with partners to raise awareness of changes in the business and personal situations of mutual clients.
- Prioritise and organise own work in a manner which is acceptable to all the partners to which you work with.
Closing Date: 02 April 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.