Finance Manager, Corporate Payments
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. CFS (Colonial First State) Finance supports the Senior Leadership Team of the CFS business under the Deputy CEO Office to manage and grow its superannuation and platform businesses.
In May 2020 the Bank announced the sale of 55% interest in the CFS business to KKR. The CFS business is currently working on a separation program with the expectation that the transaction will complete in first half of calendar 2021.
The major function of this role is to implement, perform and improve financial calculation and payment processes across a range of entities in Wealth Management with a key focus on the CFS businesses. At times, this will include leading or be involved in the delivery of key initiatives linked to operational improvements. If you are successful this will be to join the team on an initial 6 month fixed term contract / secondment.
Do work that matters
- Prepare, supervise and deliver fee, rebate and other payment processes including reporting and invoicing
- Update and maintain calculation models with a priority to automate and streamline existing process
- Oversee simplification of other operational activities, including cash management and systems administration
- Manage and/or contribute to projects encompassing productivity improvements, system changes and other ad hoc initiatives and tasks.
- Seek opportunities with project stakeholders to define, implement and continuously improve commercial outcomes
- Provide guidance and development to financial analysts within the team promoting efficient and high quality outputs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with your key stakeholders, collaborate and be seen as a trusted adviser to them.
- Act as a role model by consistently displaying leadership behaviours that encourage productive working relationships and strong customer service culture.
- Use influencing skills to develop and implement strategy, collaborating with others to achieve common goals
- Manage the processes effectively to ensure contract specifications are complied with
- Actively contribute to setting stretch targets for yourself and the wider team, coaching and mentoring team members to achieve exceptional results
Interested in hearing from people who
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Background in financial services with experience in auditing, accounting, business operations, fund accounting or project management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including familiarity with data and modelling
- Strong productivity mindset to drive continuous improvement through streamlining models and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with managing situations where “influencing” and practical outcomes are paramount to achieving success
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Self-motivated individual who displays a “can-do” pro-active style and desire to provide excellent service to customers
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, VBA, Access)
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/03/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.