Senior Associate, Audit, Non-Profits - London
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost audit, advisory and tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed. We are the UK’s top Charity Auditor and have achieved this award for twelve consecutive years. Our reputation and success is matched only by our ambition and we know that to continue our remarkable growth we will need to carry on engaging and keeping the best talent out there. This is the cornerstone of our growth strategy. Our friendly and inclusive culture is centred around our values of We care, We share, We invest, We grow. We aim to deliver excellent client service which adds value to our clients and a rewarding experience for our people. After all, if our people do well, so do we.
We are looking for an Audit Senior Associate (newly qualified or qualified senior) to join our award winning Non-Profits team based in Central London. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the charity sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities and other Non-Profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners and managers in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
As an Audit Senior Associate you will be expected to take responsibility for running the audit and leading the on-site audit team, working directly with the client under manager supervision. You will manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
- You will assist in the planning, execution and completion of all areas of the audit for manager and partner review. This will include the preparation of draft reports to senior client management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Produce work for manager and partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified. Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Show initiative and take responsibility for management of the audit to ensure completion within the agreed budget and timescales.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork with active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of the organisation and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior team members.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Opportunities for involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Charity audits and the Non-Profits sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- A wider interest in the Non-Profits sector.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.