Director, Forensic Services - Manchester
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our office, in Manchester, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
Our Forensics team in Manchester is growing. We are looking for an ambitious Director to join a well-established team.
- To focus and grow profitable revenue for the Division from both existing contacts and new introducers.
- To focus on the development of the technical capability of the Team to meet client needs, support business development activities and to contribute to sales and profit growth.
- Deliver on the agreed business plan, setting out clear objectives and targets to ensure the team is effectively utilised and the strategy is delivered.
- Develop and strengthen both internal and external client relationships to maximise revenue and margins as well as managing costs responsibly.
- A senior forensic accountant with significant experience of managing multiple complex expert witness projects.
- Has in-depth knowledge of the sector – proactively strengthening knowledge in new trends and risks.
- Proven record of growing, leading and motivating a team to deliver forensic and investigative services.
- Proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships at a senior level.
- Track record of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Embrace service excellence and apply this consistently to your role.
- Experience of leading people development, supporting the skills and knowledge progression of junior members of the team through coaching, supervision and feedback.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant with an expertise in forensic accounting.
- Expertise in managing complex financial assignments involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Experience of quantification of loss in large commercial claims.
- Experience of business valuations.
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package, including 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Prospects to progress within the firm.
- A strong work/life balance ethos.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.