Legal Entity Controller #160576
Your field of responsibility
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a distributed team with 160 staff accountable for core accounting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team accountable for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries as well as CS’s New York Branch.
A significant role as Legal Entity Controller for some of CS's US operating entities:
- Responsible for core accounting for entities, including monthly closing & analytical review of income statement and balance sheet, results analysis and presentations to both business partners (external and internal).
- Responsible for compliance with GAAP, CHGAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Handle and maintain an effective control environment in the core accounting area, including execution of SOX controls over material and high-impact results.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of GL accounts in compliance with GLAO (Global Account Ownership) policy at Credit Suisse.
- Manage relationships with Credit Suisse management in New York and Zurich and other CS departments (e.g. Operations, Product Control), and liaison with business partners (e.g. auditors, regulators).
Your skills and experience
List of qualifications, skills and experience encouraged in an applicant
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified accountant with equivalent experience of at least 2-3 years with Big 4 or Financial Services experience!
- CPA or a graduate of Masters in Accounting (preferred)!
- Outstanding Excel skills is essential
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a team.
- Positive approach and high-energy approach.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- High level of integrity, attention to detail and quality standards
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.