Senior Associate – Corporate Services Compliance
6 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
A career within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, on going compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks.
Our team specialises in providing legal advice across all of our clients disciplines. You’ll help provide legal support to a wide array of specialty areas from cyber security and technology to banking and intellectual property.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Responsible for coordinating and performing the execution of various compliance related activities [working with the
client service team, who are ultimately responsible for all management judgements and decisions and overall
compliance with risk management policies and regulatory requirements]:
- Compliance with PwC risk management policies for client/engagement acceptance, including but not limited to: Adverse data searches, Relationship checks, Authorisation for services, Project acceptance committee approval, Acceptance & continuance assessments
- Compliance with local Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF legislation, including but not limited to: AML/ATF risk assessments, collection and maintenance of client due diligence [e.g. proof of identity, proof of residence etc.]
- Coordination of engagement contracting
- Maintenance of compliance tracker and preparation of periodic reporting to leadership
- Coordination of responses to questions and requests from the PwC risk management team
- Preparation for and participation in inspections, as required (internal, external, internal audit and regulatory),
- as well as assisting with remedial activities to address any quality findings arising
- Maintenance of client master data in the PwC client relationship management system
- Other ad hoc compliance related activities, as required
The Senior Associate will report to the Engagement Leader and the Management team in the Corporate Services practice.
Capabilities / Skills Required:
Critical attributes for the position include:
Our Corporate Services practice is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our team at the senior associate level.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or educational institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a compliance related role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in managing large volumes of client portfolios
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively manage large volumes of information relevant to a large portfolio of clients
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of corporate legislation and anti-money laundering laws, regulations and internationally accepted due diligence and Anti-Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) standards
- Experience with due diligence and anti-money laundering procedures and reviews
- A driven self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Viewpoint or similar database would be an asset
- ICA Certificate in Compliance or CAMS designation would be an asset
Other Details / Requirements (e.g. travel/other commitments)
- Role will be a regional position, with the person covering Barbados (60%), Jamaica (20%) and Bahamas (20%). The time allotment may vary based on territory needs.
- Flexibility as there are tight deadlines to be met on occasion and you may be required to work overtime to ensure that deadlines are met.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.