Group Chief Financial Officer
The Agricover Group (the Group) comprises Agricover Holding SA (managing investments in food processing and agribusiness) and its subsidiaries, Agricover SA (specialized in distribution of agricultural technologies), Agricover Credit IFN (specialized in farmer financing), Agricover Technology SA (developing digital and precision agriculture solutions) and Abatorul Peris SA (pig slaughtering and pork processing). In over 20 years, the Group has developed an original business model based on a deep understanding of the agricultural sector, creativity in solving essential farmer needs and differentiation from competitors. Today, its consolidated turnover exceeds €350 million and its financial assets are nearly €400 million. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is an equity investor in Agricover Holding SA, with a participation of 12.73%, and Adama Agriculture BV, a member of the Syngenta Group, one of the world's leading crop protection companies, is a strategic investor in Agricover SA, with a participation of 10.0%.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will have dual reporting responsibilities to the Board of Directors and the General Manager of Agricover Holding SA and will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Group.
The Group CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the Group. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive cost optimisation system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the Group and its subsidiaries, including the consolidation, analysis, and review of the individual financial statements of Group subsidiaries
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new products/services/strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Board of Directors
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with RAS and IFRS, regulatory laws and rules of capital markets, financial and tax reporting.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with market analysts, financiers, and other stakeholders to strengthen creditability and build confidence in the Group’s performance as well as its societal and environmental impact.
- Manage the relationship with lenders and investors and oversee and coordinate funding negotiations with a diverse base of financial institutions including commercial banks, international financial institutions, investment funds, private investors
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance a must, MBA and/or ACCA highly desirable.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, ideally in a multinational context and preferably in a public company.
- Experience in the financial services sector is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- PC proficiency is essential (the Microsoft Office suite) and strong working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Proficiency in English is a must