Assistant Finance Manager (Supervisor)
Process authorised Supplier invoices and pay Suppliers to the agreed terms. Post cash receipts and reconcile HSBC current account. Assist with preparation of month end and any other duties within the accounts department that may be required.
A medium sized business with an international presence, based in offices in the Weybridge area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Assistant Finance Manager (Supervisor) role involves;
- Process supplier invoices and pay suppliers to the agreed terms
- Preparation of monthly BACS payments and foreign currency payments
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Post daily bank account transactions onto Axis
- Reconcile HSBC sterling current account and credit card account.
- Process freight forwarder documentation for seafreight collections and customs clearance
- Process supplier invoices for machines and parts purchased by the company
- Ensure invoice prices and quantities agree to purchase orders and GRNs
- Investigate discrepancies with Purchasing Administrator/Warehouse/Supplier
- Ensure all invoices for overheads and services are authorised by the appropriate manager
- Ensure all invoices for overheads and services are correctly coded to the appropriate expense category and department
- Ensure all expenditure is charged in the correct month making prepayments and accruals as and when necessary to ensure accuracy of management accounts
INWARD SEA SHIPMENT DOCUMENTATION:
- Compile documents and provide Freightstore with relevant documentation to enable them to collect goods from the port on our behalf and for them to declare correctly through customs.
- Reconcile supplier statements to records monthly
- Resolve any statement queries with supplier
Ensuring that all invoices for expected expenditure have been received at month end, including;
- Making an accrual for any expenditure not yet invoiced by a supplier
- Making a prepayment for any expenditure billed for in advance
- Run Purchase Ledger Reports prior to month end close down
- Review debit balances on creditors ledger and provide an explanation of why these exist
Making supplier payments as follows;
- Ensure all purchase ledger transactions have been entered onto the system prior to running the monthly automated payment run, and then upload to HSBCnet to make sterling BACs payments and currency payments
- Raise ad hoc payments as required
- Post sterling bank transactions daily
- Reconcile the sterling accounts and the credit card account on Axis
Deal with any urgent issues that arise when other team members are absent;
- Provide credit control cover: opening accounts, Creditsafe credit status checks, answering customer queries, sending statements and copy invoices, reviewing customer credit status. Liaising with Customer Support/Service/Export depts. on daily issues.
- Provide cover for queries/requests from staff regarding credit card issues, foreign currency and petty cash
- To learn Concur to be able to assist staff with queries
- Assist with year-end procedures.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Finance Manager (Supervisor) role;
- MUST HAVE STOCK EXPERIENCE
- MUST HAVE DEALT WITH MULTIPLE CURRENCIES
- MUST HAVE ASSISSTED WITH MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS
- must have some supervisory experience previously (will be overseeing one junior member of Finance)
Experience of bookkeeping, Strong knowledge of accounting terminology,Understanding VAT rules
Experience in a purchase ledger and completing bank reconciliations.
- live locally to Weybridge
- Multilingual would be advantageous (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL)
The Assistant Finance Manager (Supervisor) offers a salary of £30-35,000 plus benefits.
37.5 hour week, and flexible start and finish times are available.
Some degree of home working will also be maintained in the long term - for example, 3-4 days in the office, 1-2 days from home per week.