Accounts & Tax Lead
The Accounts & Tax Lead will be responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts and self-assessment tax returns for our UK-based clients. Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified ACCA/CA and be able to demonstrate good experience in accounts and tax returns preparation.
Report to Partners/Directors
Responsibilities will include:
- Year-end accounts preparation, including preparing the financial statements and associated disclosures, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with UK GAAP requirements and companies act 2006.
- Preparing necessary journals and other accounting entries for the year-end accounts.
- Interrogation of General Ledger (GL) to ensure the integrity of the accounts, including highlighting issues and dealing with them appropriately.
- Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, including ensuring the timely completion of all transactions.
- Reconciliation and review of key balance sheet items and GL accounts.
- Prepare and submit the corporation tax returns, self-assessment tax returns, and partnership tax returns.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending solutions, including following through to ensure that recommended solutions are fully and properly implemented.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill any development or training requirements.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
- Have excellent communication skills and can work under pressure.
- Provide training to other team members when needed.
- An ACCA/CA qualified Accountant to deal with our UK based clients.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in accounts and tax gained with UK based clients and should be able to demonstrate the UK tax and companies’ laws knowledge.
- Work experience in UK accounting practices - candidates with experience in the industry only will not be considered.
- An analytical mind.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail and a desire to probe further into data.
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints.
- Be able to work on cloud-based software e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, SAGE, TaxCalc, MS Office, and Taxfiler.
- Team player and demonstrate leadership skills.
Key Performing Measures
- Delivery of high-quality financial statements, tax returns, and overall service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff, and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct, and attitude