Accounts & Tax Lead
The Accounts & Tax Lead will be responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts and self-assessment tax returns for our UK-based clients. Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified ACCA/CA and be able to demonstrate good experience in accounts and tax returns preparation.
Report to Partners/Directors
Responsibilities will include:
- Year-end accounts preparation, including preparing the financial statements and associated disclosures, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with UK GAAP requirements and companies act 2006.
- Preparing necessary journals and other accounting entries for the year-end accounts.
- Interrogation of General Ledger (GL) to ensure the integrity of the accounts, including highlighting issues and dealing with them appropriately.
- Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, including ensuring the timely completion of all transactions.
- Reconciliation and review of key balance sheet items and GL accounts.
- Prepare and submit the corporation tax returns, self-assessment tax returns, and partnership tax returns.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending solutions, including following through to ensure that recommended solutions are fully and properly implemented.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill any development or training requirements.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
- Have excellent communication skills and can work under pressure.
- Provide training to other team members when needed.
- An ACCA/CA qualified Accountant to deal with our UK based clients.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in accounts and tax gained with UK based clients and should be able to demonstrate the UK tax and companies’ laws knowledge.
- Work experience in UK accounting practices - candidates with experience in the industry only will not be considered.
- An analytical mind.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail and a desire to probe further into data.
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints.
- Be able to work on cloud-based software e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, SAGE, TaxCalc, MS Office, and Taxfiler.
- Team player and demonstrate leadership skills.
Key Performing Measures
- Delivery of high-quality financial statements, tax returns, and overall service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff, and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct, and attitude
Apply for Accounts & Tax Lead
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly