Senior Payroll Officer
- Experience level
An amazing opportunity to join an expanding payroll team as a senior payroll officer and work for a national organisation who constantly give back to their employees as well as the wider community.
Our client are based in Derby and are easily accessible by public transport and have on site parking. The organisation are looking to expand largely throughout 2021 as well as already having plans for 2022. If you have experience as a payroll officer and are looking for the next step in your career this could be an exciting opportunity for you to join a hugely respected organisation.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a large payroll team of 18 people who run payroll for 13,000 each month and produce 120,000 payslips per year.
The organisation have a proven track record of a fantastic training program and are constantly growing - even throughout the pandemic. They are a hugely stable organisation, which is why this brand new opportunity is such a fantastic role if you are looking to make a move/next steps.
This role is a full time, permanent role for 37.5 hours per week.
As Senior Payroll Officer, you will be reporting into the Payroll Supervisor. Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting with supervising a number of Payroll Officers who are responsible for processing a large payroll from cradle to grave
- Dealing with complex queries and payroll issues that have been escalated by the Payroll Officers
- Driving process and system improvement across the payroll function
- Processing payroll from cradle to grave
- Carrying out statutory calculations
- Managing starters and leavers
- Supporting with processing month end payroll
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in payroll
- Able to manage a team
- Microsoft excel knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and in a busy office
With the team looking to double in size within the next few years there is opportunity for progression within the team.
The company offer excellent flexible working - you may work extra hours over busy periods and take time back in quieter times as well as being able to work flexible hours on a day to day basis.
The organisation offer a competitive salary of up to £28,000. In addition to this, their holiday package is one of the best in the market.