Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 50,000 people in over 130 countries, we have the scale to meet our client’s changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton network. As part of our business growth, we are looking for high calibre team members to join our fast growing and dynamic business.
As a Manager within our Audit team:
- You will carry out financial statement file reviews in accordance to the prerequisite technical experience list under qualifications and requirements below, agree audit timetables, brief the audit team (including other specialists), monitor budget and supervise more junior colleagues
- You’ll build and maintain strong client relationships, whilst recognising and assessing business growth opportunities
- You’ll assist your senior colleagues in the drafting and writing of new proposals
- You’ll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
- You’ll confidentially lead a client portfolio, communicating with the lead partner as and when necessary.
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves. We will do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow. Include planning, directing, and completing Singapore statutory audits; developing and assignment: supervising staff; reviewing financial statements and related technical accounting issues, business development and facilitating cross border engagements.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight
Qualifications and requirements
- Required degree in Accounting or Finance and completed qualification for one of the following: Singapore CA, ACA, ACCA, CA Australia, CPA Australia, ICAEW, US CPA, or equivalent
- Experience leading international/cross-border engagements where other auditors are involved in the execution of the audit
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in SFRS and SSA or IFRS and ISA. US GAAP and/or SOX 404 preferred
- At least 6 years of experience in financial statement audits
- Working experience in global professional services or Big 4/mid-tier firms will be highly preferred
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects. Experience leading international teams is preferred
- Experience with variety of audit related projects, such as internal audit, compliance, and/or corporate finance experience
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated, including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with others, creating a positive team environment
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Can do attitude
- Adaptable and likes to work under a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines if required
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.