EY Baghdad Assurance - Audit Graduate Program
EY Baghdad Assurance Audit Graduate Program
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
We work to make sure that businesses are protected from risks that can affect their reputation and performance. As external auditors, we help companies and governments publish accurate financial accounts others can rely on. Learn more about our EY Audit services.
EY uses leading-edge technology to power and deliver the end-to-end Digital Audit.
EY’s audits are powered by leading-edge digital technology. We understand that by integrating the latest technologies into our audit processes, we are able to provide high-quality audits, enhance the way we look at risk, reduce client burden and provide unrivaled insights.
This helps us meet both our expectations and the evolving needs of businesses, regulators and investors. We invest in innovation because we are ambitious about building a better working world and providing the capital markets with greater confidence, a better business perspective and enhanced transparency.
Technology drives both EY clients’ and our own business. At the same time, a technological revolution that offers so much opportunity also brings with it more complex risks, competition from divergent angles and stakeholder scrutiny that is forensic in focus.
We want to give our auditors the best possible tools to use in their work. By investing in a number of critical tools, we have been able to bring a significant amount of digital innovation to the audit. We have effectively digitalized the end-to-end audit process.
EY Canvas, EY Helix and EY Atlas are the three foundations of our digital audit: EY Canvas is our online audit platform; EY Helix is our data analytics platform; and EY Atlas is our cloud-based knowledge platform that delivers the latest accounting and auditing content.
We are also investing in emerging technologies such as advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, drones and automation.
What we do for our clients?
Provide reassurance: As external auditors, we help companies and governments publish accurate financial accounts. This means they can meet legal requirements and make decisions with confidence.
Reduce risk: Organizations rely heavily on IT and data, so even the smallest mistake or security breach can damage their reputation or business performance. We work with our clients to help spot and reduce the risks of this happening
What is an EY graduate program?
If you’ve graduated from university, or will do soon, our Audit Graduate Programs could be just the job for you. You’ll be part of a team working with interesting clients, while earning a salary. We’ll help you develop the things you’re naturally good at and learn new skills for your career, too. By the time you finish, you’ll be professionally qualified and ready to progress with us.
Your key responsibilities
- Getting to know our clients, their businesses and how they work to provide the right service
- Testing checks and balances to ensure they work how they’re supposed to
- Work with an electronic suite of data analytics to provide a high-quality audit
- Analyzing the data that goes into a financial statement to make sure it is true and fair
- Identify critical patterns and trends in financial data to provide better business insights and greater confidence in financial reporting to your clients
- Analyze large populations of audit-relevant data to present a fuller picture of activities and identify the risks that matter
- Identify anomalies in processes and controls and help direct investigative efforts in the right areas
- Provide relevant feedback during the audit to improve business processes and controls
- You will also spend time away from your home office travelling to our client sites for audit work
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial acumen
- Team player
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree: Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or any Technology related degree
- Bachelor’s degree: completed within the past 18 months of applying to the graduate program
- Master’s Programs/Master’s Degree: completed within the past 18 months with no relevant work experience for more than 6 months or students who started their Masters directly after completing their bachelor degree.
- Available to start full-time job in September or October 2020
- Tailor to location on nationality requirement
What we look for
We are interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in external audit. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, and the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in external audit, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Within your first year of joining EY, you’ll register and commence studying for a professional qualification that is relevant to your role in Audit. The relevant professional qualifications are the Chartered Certified Accountant by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or the Certified Public Accountant (CPA). In line with our professional qualifications policy, we’ll support you in obtaining the professional qualification that is right for you.
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 90 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible. Make sure to answer all questions.
Step 1: Apply
Make sure you apply early and do not forget to follow the instructions carefully and answer all the questions to ensure your application is successful.
- Step 2: Test
After we review your application, you will receive an invitation email from ‘EY Careers’ to complete the EY online assessments. Approach the tests as you would approach any new challenge. It might be tough, but you can do it!
- Step 3: OnDemand Interview
Upon passing the assessments, you will receive an email invitation to complete a prerecorded video interview. You will be required to record yourself responding to behavioral based questions. Being yourself is key to passing this step of the recruitment process.
- Step 4: Attend
Once you have been shortlisted, you may be invited to attend a recruitment day or an interview. This is your opportunity to visit our office, speak with our people and ask questions about life and work at EY.
Step 5: Receive
If you are a great fit for the opportunity, you will receive an offer to join EY and begin your career at one of the best companies to work for. It’s time to celebrate.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.