Chief Data Office – Tax Data Transformation - Associate
2 days left
- Experience level
Corporate Finance Chief Data Office – Tax Data Transformation - Associate
Description of the Team and Role:
This role sits within the newly formed Tax CDO team within Corporate Finance CDO. The team will be supporting the implementation of a broad ranging modernization of Indirect Tax (e.g. VAT & GST) processes across numerous J.P.Morgan Lines of Business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand and record Tax use cases across Locations and Lines of Business
- Understand, rationalize and record related Tax data requirements
- Aid the production of Logical and Physical Data Models to structure data requirements (e.g. Transaction, Party, Tax data)
- Identify data sourcing to support newly established automated tax determination processes
- Partner with Line of Business Technology and Operations teams to ensure upstream data and operating model meet Tax requirements
- Participate in relevant project grooming and testing efforts
- Document any data sourcing or operating model gap and plan and document its remediation
- Implement Data Quality controls (proactive and reactive) to be applied to new Tax processes
- Lead reporting and resolution of Data Quality issues highlighted by controls
- Aid preparation for business steering committees and working groups to coordinate data agendas
- 5 years experience in a major financial services organization
- Some exposure to an analytical or data focused role
- Experience in delivering large complex programs and managing senior stakeholder relationships
- Program and/or project management experience, preferably in a cross-LOB/function role
- Experience in a Finance, Middle Office or Chief Data Office role desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Data Modelling and Data Management skills desirable
- Financial Services VAT or GST knowledge a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.