This role is responsible for performing the role of entity leader for a variety of subsidiaries. As entity leader for a subsidiary, the analyst will have responsibilities for overall data integrity of items such as the subsidiary’s financial statements, account reconciliation coordination, income statement forecasting, and other related duties.
As a member of the Controllership organization, the individual performing this job is responsible for performing the role of entity leader for a variety of subsidiaries. As entity leader for a subsidiary, the accountant will have responsibilities for overall data integrity of the subsidiary’s financial statements, USGAAP compliance, client satisfaction, cross process coordination, account reconciliation coordination, individual reconciliation responsibilities as well as being a focal point for audits, schedules, income statement forecasting, and other related duties. The employee will be asked to participate in various Financial Accounting team projects for the purpose of improving efficiencies and client satisfaction.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial statements for the legal entity under their responsibility. This is achieved by defining accounting procedures in compliance with local accounting policies, running SAP reports required to review Income Statement, Balance Sheets and Trial Balances, performing account reconciliations, analyzing trends and completing fluctuation analysis, comparing USGAAP and local books and analyzing differences, follow-up on unusual items, reviewing and approving significant or unusual accounting entries, ensure corrections required are correctly recorded, etc.
- Perform account reconciliations of the accounts under their ownership and review and approve the account reconciliations performed by the members of their team. In addition the Entity Leader will periodically request to see the reconciliations prepared by other Finance departments.
- Act as focal point for external financial and statutory filings necessary to meet internal auditing and governmental requirements, in compliance with USGAAP and local accounting principles and with various laws and official requirements. Incomplete or missing data can cause serious consequences.
- Ensure timely and successful completion of the external audit of the Financial Statements by acting as focal point for communications with the external auditors, ensuring information required by the auditors is provided on time, participating in review meetings, answering audit comments, etc.
- Responsible for producing the Income Statement Forecast (ISF) at a legal entity level. This is achieved by coordinating the efforts of the different processes and businesses required to meet the Income Statement Forecast requirements. The ISF is a key element for Tax to estimate the corporate tax rate and tax provision and for Treasury to plan cash flow and dividend distributions.
- Act as consultant to Area sub-process Controllers and other Finance processes in the region on financial accounting and internal control matters.
- Coordinate the completion of Regional year-end schedule packages for Corporate Controllers required to comply with information to be reported to the Security Exchange Commission.
- Coordinate the Financial and Statutory requirements related to compliance with SOX rules and Internal Control self-assessments.
- Prepares quarterly reporting of foreign debt required by Central Bank regulations and necessary to be able to process payment of imports
- Coordinate statutory presentations and responses to information requirements from the Companies Inspection Board related to Financial Statements and legal books in electronic format
- Must be able to identify root causes of issues and discover/implement practical solutions
- Open to and proposes new ideas to improve existing work processes.
- Helps drive change to reduce complexity
- Uses customer/client information to improve work processes
- Recognizes cross-functional as well as cross-Finance impacts and takes action to address needs
- Must demonstrate initiative and leadership competencies in this role
- Must demonstrate technical Accounting competency
- Challenges status quo in processes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.