Senior IT Specialist - Market Data, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a IT Specialist - Market Data for our IT Integration Management Department who will collaborate closely with the distributed teams in State Street. The team manages, configures and develops applications for the business landscape around our fund accounting platform SimCorp Dimension. The main focus is on the self-developed market data application. Tasks include analysis, requirement specification and configuration of the relevant modules in SimCorp Dimension. This role will also actively support collaboration and integration with our global teams and solutions.
What you will be responsible for
As IT Specialist - Market Data you will:
- Analysis of technical requirements from the market data operations unit and processes design and IT implementation
- Automation of existing and new processes in fund accounting with a focus on interfaces and satellite systems of the fund management system SimCorp Dimension
- Conception, development and support of IT applications based on VB.NET, MS Office (especially Excel and Access), VBA and Oracle databases
- Development and optimization of our application architecture
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in working in a distributed environment with colleagues from all over the world
- High motivation to evolve with the team and a changing operating model
- Customer and solution oriented thinking keeping in mind companies standards and processes
- Strong analytical skills to understand and transform business requirements into application design and specification
- Pronounced ability to think analytically, structured approach and understandable presentation of complex facts and relationships
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in IT or business administration
- Knowledge in dealing with market data information systems (Bloomberg, Reuters)
- Ideally, experience with the SimCorp Dimension fund accounting system
- Very good knowledge and experience in the IT area (script / programming languages, in particular the MS Office family / Visual Studio, SQL, databases, client / server applications)
- Proficient in English; Germasn is a plus
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.