Specialist, Financial Reporting, AFS
The Fund Administration group for HFS is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support. This role is focused on execution of strategic direction of business related to financial reporting activities. The successful candidate will be a seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and/or business knowledge and functional expertise of Hedge Fund Services Fund Administration. The candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical Accounting background, significant experience with audited financial statements within the Financial Services industry and a proven track record of working well with and leading others.
- Act as a subject-matter expert on financial reporting items and act as a point of escalation to ensure accuracy and responsiveness.
- Drive execution for agreed upon internal and external operating models and quality control of financial reporting deliverables
- Drive execution of operating model improvements including major technology initiatives focused on increasing the scalability of our financial reporting processes and providing solutions to client mandates
- Drive and execute interim audit and SOC-1 testing and certification
- Drive the annual year-end audit process, including planning and coordination with key clients and external auditors as well as internal team members, review and delivery of financial statements and footnotes, including both GAAP and IFRS standards
- Act as key liason for audit and accounting firms.
- Research technical accounting policy questions for complex client transactions or related to new accounting pronouncements and monitor changes to U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Support business teams as applicable and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities.
- Review financial statements for funds.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements.
- Seasoned multidisciplinary expert with extensive technical and business knowledge and functional expertise (e.g. accounting, regulatory)
- Operates independently; has indepth knowledge of business unit / function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.