Capital External Reporting Product Controller
4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Global Equities Capital, RWA, Balance sheet & External Reporting team sits within the organization of Equities Controllers, itself being part of CIB Finance & Business Management (F&BM). The team is responsible for supporting the management and reporting as well as providing the explain of regulatory capital, RWA and balance sheet across the Equities business along with meeting all the external reporting requirements for the Equities business.
The JPMorgan Global Equities Business is a global leader in providing a wide range of equities solutions to our clients, incorporating various products including equity derivatives, hedge funds, ETF’s, Structured Liabilities and cash equities.
The successful candidate will likely be hired into the Capital/RWA space within the wider Global Equities Reporting team:
- Ensure RWA forecasts are produced accurately and are submitted in a timely manner following appropriate syndication with the business for thorough review. Understand and sign-off Global Equities RWA results; ensuring adherence to regulatory and financial disclosure requirements.
- Investigate and explain the business drivers underpinning significant financial movements for the business, senior management, CIB Treasury, LEC, Corporate Reporting and others. Oversee timely and fastidious commentary requirement on all items under remit.
- Provide guidance / insight to the business on efficient capital management.
- Ensure the accuracy of JPM external reporting and internal MIS that drives internal charges.
- Ensure LOB is in compliance with all Corporate and CIB policies such as Balance Sheet & RWA Standards. Ensure controls are documented and transparent.
- Work with members of the balance sheet and liquidity sub-teams to progress on balance sheet, capital, GSIB, leverage optimisation agendas for the business and act as conduit between the team located in New York and the EMEA & APAC businesses.
- Implement training/knowledge shares across balance sheet, capital & liquidity sub-teams, as well as wider teams within the Global Equities business, to identify areas for synergies and efficiencies.
- Work with UK Reg on standalone entity capital optimisation.
- Represent Global Equities on a variety of CIB and firm-wide forums related to RWA & capital related reporting implementation.
Preparation of the Equities component for various disclosures including:
- SEC Reporting (eg Pledged Assets, FVM, FVO, Off Balance Sheet, FAS107)
- Reg Reporting (FRY15, FRY9C, Call Report)
The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment but will also be able to drive strategic change. Specific skills and qualities include:
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory rules, e.g. US GAAP, Basel III, GSIB, etc, preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and execute on a variety of deliverables under strict time constraints.
- Ability to think on your toes and be creative with ad hoc requests.
- Strong self-review of work.
- Derivatives experience preferred.
- Strong accounting/finance background.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Ability to implement and maintain effective controls.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.