SENIOR ACCOUNTANT / DEPARTMENT HEAD- ACCOUNTING
A-PASS, based in Hong Kong, provides comprehensive & world class Corporate Services & business solutions for our International clients.
- We are looking for a talented and energetic Senior Accountant/Department Head who wants the challenge of growing a trust and corporate services brand in Hong Kong (HK) and across other Asian markets
- This person would be joining a trusted and knowledgeable team who are growth focused
- The recent investment by Capricorn Capital, a UK based family office group, into the business has opened several exciting opportunities for growth, which we are keen to explore
- This is an ideal job if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to test and learn creative ways of delivering ambitious goals
- It is an opportunity to join a global team and deliver an immediate commercial and customer impact
The role would report into the HK based Board of Directors of A-PASS and Capricorn Capital.
Capricorn Capital is a family-owned international direct private investment business. It was born out of the Hollard Insurance Group (www.hollard.co.za), a global insurance business and the largest privately owned insurance business in South Africa (SA).
The families core holdings are in Insurance (anchored by Hollard Insurance) and restaurants (anchored by Nando’s), but also include interests across a broad sweep of sectors including lending, wealth management, corporate services, property, and leisure.
We are excited to offer this Full-time position to a talented and energetic Senior Manager/Department Head Accounting.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for staff management and client accounting projects. This unique opportunity is suited to an ambitious and tenacious individual who can deliver on client and business outcomes through collaboration and communication.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Managing a client portfolio - providing direct and professional support
- Managing a team of Accountants
- P&L responsibility including helping to propose new ways of attracting and growing customers
- Strong project and time management skills
- Liaising with external parties such as auditors, banks, agents where necessary
- Attending to client invoicing and collections
- Collaboration with teams of other business units to ensure transference of information
- Provide regular reporting to the Board of Directors
- Other duties as directed
- Self-starter who, afforded a blank canvas, has the tenacity to manage challenges, through the development and implementation of systems and processes, can create a framework for success and sustainable growth
- Comfortable with data and numbers
- Curious and keen to learn collaboratively
- Fully accountable for delivering growth commitments
- Enthusiastic and enjoys influencing and educating colleagues on accounting and CFO services
- Highly organized with an ability to multi-task across platforms, and initiatives
- Superior interpersonal skills with strong verbal, written and presentation skills (English)
Essential Criteria – must have:
- Tertiary Education
- Professional Accounting qualification
- Min. 5 years’ post qualification experience as an Accountant, ideally having a client services background such as previous working experience in a CPA or Corporate Services firm
- Demonstrated experience in staff management
- Demonstrated experience in decision making at a management level
- Proficient computer literacy
- Experience with Xero Accounting software would be highly advantageous