AVP-Intra Month Balance Sheet Reporting #154488
6 days left
- Experience level
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Financial Accounting is responsible for the legal and regulatory reporting including notes and disclosures of Credit Suisse and the associated controls around the data referenced in this process.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values.
The Credit Suisse Group Finance- FMAR IMBS/VIR team is mainly responsible to deliver on our ViR (Valuation and Resolution) regulatory commitments using our strategic platform (F1), specifically:
- ViR requires the production of an intra-month Balance Sheet to support re-structuring/decision making in the event of a resolution scenario.
- The Balance Sheet must be aligned to the General Ledger, and consolidate for Group Reporting. Drill-down capability from the ledger balances to transactional/position information is imperative for analysis.
- A robust control model is required to ensure data alignment with Capital
- Understanding the current business process flow and existing systems in detail
- Coordinating with line teams to get the business requirements
- Manage production on the business needs as well as handle the intra month reconciliation and adjustment process
- Provide daily commentary for trade groups including commentary for variances from estimate
- Support New Business initiatives
- Find opportunities to develop & streamline analytical activities and to improve controls
- Laying down the business requirement to change team for implementation
- Making decision: In/Out of Scope; project approach; timeline etc.
- Work toward harmonization of regional inconsistencies
- Coordinating with business and change team to monitor the project progress
- Identify and ensure effective management of dependencies within/outside of the project
- Reviewing and providing sign off on business requirements and system development.
- Support the team to remove road blockers and work towards development of the future business process
- Providing regular project updates and highlight key challenges to relevant business partners
- Detailed understanding of US GAAP, IFRS and Swiss GAAP (statutory) accounting standard.
- Working with various departments (FMAR – Financial Management Accounting and Reporting, Finance change etc.) to provide key inputs on project.
- Make recommendations to enhance delivery of project.
- Work with team and support to achieve the desired results.
- Ensure project compliance
- Coordinate testing and document
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Relevant University Degree i.e accounting or finance related.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant / MBA Finance
- Proven experience of 7-8 years in a financial service industry with prior experience in banking or similar industry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, and a keen interest in complex products.
- Ambitious, proactive and have a highly-methodical approach to manage the large number of tasks that are expected to be completed on a daily/monthly basis and responding to ad-hoc queries
- Experience of project execution in area of operational improvement and finance system migration
- Experience of working on US GAAP & SWISS GAAP accounting standards
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, decision making, presentation/documentation skills
- Proficiency of global banking products like loans, Derivatives, Repo etc.
- Solid understanding of Agile product development methodology will be added advantage (desirable)
- Desire to work in a fast paced international finance environment and a detail oriented approach to work commitments
- Ability to think logically and independently to solve problems as well as work on tight deadlines and effectively coordinate with people from other departments in the organization
- Sound conceptual Accounting skills as well as proficient Excel and PowerPoint user
- Passionate about developing innovative solution
- A strong collaborator with outstanding accuracy and willingness to learn fast about international banking products, processes and business
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also delivering on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.