Credit and Market Risk Team Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a leader who leads by example and has a passion for process and technology engineering in the financial risk space. The successful candidate will be based in Krakow to lead a team there which plays a pivotal role in the Market and Credit Risk team globally. The Krakow team is a business side process and engineering team, responsible for daily reporting and limit excess triage, and for project deliverables which enhance the daily risk monitoring process. The team has clients, stakeholders, and dependencies (e.g. IT) in several global locations and must operate seamlessly as part of a larger global team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Attract the tech and process talents in one
- Develop via process delivery and reengineering
- Motivate via exciting both process and project content
- Support key decision makers in developing vision for future growth of Reporting an Analytics Team
- Retain by solid growth
- Regular Credit Risk and Market Risk monitoring process delivery (report production, limit excess triage, etc.) per SLA
- Understanding end to end process
- Going extra mile, drive quality and process improvement initiatives
- Continuous Improvement as DNA
- Client partnership based on trust
- Same standard as in Boston, New York, London and Munich
- No back-office mentality; front office culture
- Coordinate processes currently in transition
- Automating Credit Risk and Market Risk monitoring processes, working with risk officers, IT, and other project team members in several global sites to define process and technology targets
- Identifying performance improvement opportunities and optimizing processes and software to achieve the maximum possible operational efficiency
- Designing and running tests on processes and software solutions
- Sharing best practices with other teams in the global network of teams supporting the Credit and Market risk managers
- Smart in resource planning and allocation to get projects done = pre-hires to deliver, core team switched inti tech to reengineer
- Some technical flavor to know unknown, search and find.
- Self-disciplined in project management
What we value
- Proven track record in leading teams to produce high quality and timely deliveries
- Experience in driving change, with the ability to challenge, look behind initial requests, and to see what is truly required
- Fluency in English
- Excellent verbal communications skills with a desire to speak to people proactively to resolve issues and problems a must
- Excellent written communication skills also highly valued.
- Understanding of machine learning principles useful
- Familiarity with State Street’s core product lines and Information Technology Systems. Ability to quickly learn new product lines and technology platforms.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in computer science, data science, engineering, mathematics or finance
- 10 years relevant professional experience with at least 5 years in Banking or Financial Institutions
- Banking or financial institutions experience in the Market Risk or Credit Risk domains (ideally both)
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.