Technical Business Analyst – Senior Consultant – FS Consulting - Dublin
Technical Business Analyst – Senior Consultant – FS Consulting -Dublin
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
In EY FS Ireland, we are expanding our Consulting practice and building our Technology Consulting team as a key component of our NextWave Strategy. NextWave is EY’s global strategy and ambition to deliver long-term value to clients, people and society. It is inspired by the way innovations spread through society. We are actively recruiting high achieving individuals with Project Management expertise on technology-enabled transformation projects/programmes within Financial Services.
Join EY FS Ireland you will be working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, enabling organizations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities:
- Help to build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers
- You will help clients align project outcomes with technology/business strategy by acting as an intermediary between business and technology stakeholders
- Development of robust business cases, supported by strategic analysis frameworks, data analysis and market insights
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and drive their implementation, supported by documented process maps and training programmes
- Collaborate with a diverse range of organisational functions to elicit, analyse, prioritise and document requirements for technology process or technology enabled change
- Define test scripts aligned with business requirements and support Testing to enable the delivery of fit for purpose solutions
- Participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- Create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Gathering, defining and documenting requirements for the enhancement, replacement, or introduction of IT systems
- Defining Technology/Business Architecture Strategy
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Be responsible for your own self-development, and maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role, you must:
- Have at least 2 years within a blue-chip consulting firm, industry or government organisation (strong track record in consulting is highly desirable)
- Have a strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in an IT related area
- Have experience in one or more of our focus industries, and proven change delivery experience in Financial Services (across Banking, Insurance or Wealth Management sectors)
- Have experience operating in a fast paced, multi-vendor environment.
- Have proven experience in business development such as client relationship management and proposal support
- Have proven technology change delivery experience in Financial Services (across Banking, Insurance or Wealth Management sectors)
- Analysing systems and procedures
- Documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ assessments for a Target Operating Model
- Process design and modelling
- Technology sourcing
- Have strong Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills
- Have ability to build and manage relationships across business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Attention to detail and time management skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies, including the creation of User Stories and working closely with a Product Owner
- Conducting Workshops and interviews
- Stakeholder Management and working collaboratively with Development and Testing teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet client and user business needs
- ERP/CRM implementation
- Delivery of large-scale technology programmes
- Completing Technology/Business Architecture Review
What we look for
If you have a keen interest in Business Analysis as well as intellectual curiosity, energy, with software testing or data modeling (incl. SQL) experience, and you are proficient in the use of requirements engineering techniques (including elicitation, analysis, documentation and validation) and are looking to achieve Business Analysis qualifications, then the EY FSO Technology Consulting team could be exactly the right place for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Additionally, EY is now one of the first global companies to offer our employees access to an externally accredited Technology MBA – a truly unique opportunity to develop yourself and others.
As a global leader in assurance, Tax, Strategy & Transactions and Consulting services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.