Tax & Legal Services - Legal - Entity Governance & Compliance - Senior Associate - Dubai
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Legal has over 2500 lawyers and legal professionals in 85 countries, making us the most geographically extensive legal services network in the world. In the Middle East, we have a team of 40 people based in Dubai and the firm is looking to expand across the GCC. PwC Legal Dubai comprises corporate/commercial, government, consulting, immigration and entity governance & compliance practices. Our clients include the region’s Sovereign Wealth Funds and multinational companies with a presence on the ground, as well as both local businesses and family offices of all sizes.
This role is working as part of the Entity Governance & Compliance (Company Secretarial) team located in Dubai.
Our Entity Governance & Compliance team is a market leading global practice which specialises in helping clients to enhance their approach to the governance and compliance of their legal entities around the world. The team in Dubai is busy and fast growing and has a vacancy for a Senior Associate to assist with the provision of compliance, consulting and governance services to a wide range of clients (both local and international). The role requires a bright, well organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys project management. The role requires someone who enjoys being part of a dynamic team, who is proactive and offers the potential for both client and internal international secondments.
- Key involvement in assisting with the co-ordination of the provision of company secretarial (compliance, consulting and governance) services to a wide range of both local and international clients.
- Supporting senior colleagues with the incorporation / establishment of new entities in the UAE.
- Ensuring statutory compliance deadlines (e.g. license renewals, accounts filings) are met and completed on time.
- Providing support to senior colleagues in the co-ordination of compliance services. This may involve participating on client calls and preparing client deliverables.
- Ensuring effective, timely and accurate administration of client’s corporate databases.
- Assisting senior colleagues with the delivery of consulting and governance services.
- Direct contact with client representatives, including convening conference calls and meetings as and when required.
- Helping to coordinate the delivery of global company secretarial services to our clients. Working with colleagues in across our Middle Eastern offices and our international teams where appropriate.
- Actively working with client engagement teams in the execution of the project deliverables.
- Organise engagement teams to meet client timetable, to work towards and meet engagement team objectives.
- Balance the needs and expectations of various client engagement teams.
- Support in managing projects to ensure deadlines are met, recommending efficiency savings to ensure that this is the case.
- Attend client and engagement team meetings, prepare notes / material in advance, take notes of the meeting, distribute actions plan and ensure actions have been completed.
- Fully understand and ensure the engagement team follow PwC’s protocols for record keeping and document handling.
- Leveraging technology so that our systems effectively support the engagement team’s work processes.
- Provide regular updates of relevant client information to all members of the engagement team using various databases, research tools, the internet, etc.
- Create and actively support an environment which enables the sharing and application of knowledge, and storing precedents within PwC Legal’s knowledge database.
- Undertake proposal research including identification and relevant collation of information.
- Whilst working in the Entity Governance & Compliance team you will not only develop your regional and international technical knowledge of the company secretarial profession, you will also have access to the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Mandatory qualifications: Educated to at least A level or equivalent and GCSE Maths & English grade C or above (or equivalent) and ideally with a Degree in either Business or Law, GPA 2.1 or above.
- ICSA Chartered Secretary qualification; and/or
- PMI PMP or PRINCE 2 (or equivalent).
- Years of Experience: Ideally the candidate will have 6 months’ work experience from an administrative / analytical background within a corporate / professional environment.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English, but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- Proven IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, financial systems and research tools. Preferably with experience of Blueprint OneWorld.
- Competent researcher with broad knowledge of Google tools.
- Strong numeric, analytical and finance skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual, who can work under own initiative as well as being creative in sharing ideas for team development.
- Strong influencing skills and team working skills, with the ability to build strong internal and client relationships.
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills.
- Completer finisher - ability to see tasks through to the end and meet tight deadlines, taking responsibility for the completion of tasks set for them, whilst ensuring quality is maintained throughout.
- Good risk awareness skills and the ability to act/think strategically are vital.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload, whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Passionate about client service - strong willingness to deliver excellent client service and flexibility to meet client requirements, sometimes at very short notice.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where project / client work dictates.
- Preferable qualifications: It would be beneficial for the candidate to either be in the process of obtaining/studying for or having already obtained the following qualification(s):
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.