Depositary Manager - Private Equity and Real Estate, Officer
You can join our Kraków or Gdańsk office depending on your location.
Who we are looking for
The Depositary Manager is responsible for managing the Depositary Team servicing Private Equity / Real Estate Clients. In order to efficiently and effectively manage the operations of the Depositary.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
What you will be responsible for
- Assigning and communicating responsibilities within the team;
- Managing the work flow of the team;
- Discussing on a weekly basis the priorities for that week with the Team members;
- Setting clear, realistic, and challenging development goals for Team Members;
- Chairing a regular Team Meetings and assuring any action points are clearly allocated and time framed;
- Carry out responsibilities fairly and impartially; create and maintain an engaged work environment and ensure appropriate communications channels are in place;
- Assist in developing and implementing new workflow approaches and methods as well as system enhancements;
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues;
- Key point of contact for internal clients when urgent needs arise;
- Authority to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment for direct reports and broader team as needed;
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff;
- Accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering performance reviews on time;
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed;
- Product expert for COE. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating model;
- Identify all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures;
- Implement and communicate to staff, advise changes to the risk framework and/or escalation chain;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What we value
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail crucial;
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written;
- Methodical and organized;
- Team player;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Exceptional management skills;
- Fluent in English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area;
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified an advantage;
- 4+ years experience in depositary, custody or fund administration would be recommended;
- 1-2 years of team leadership/supervisory experience.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.