Senior Consultant, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Bahraini nationals
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) support organizations through a diverse range of services that include accounting and reporting, finance function transformation, transaction accounting, treasury, corporate governance, and other services that help organizations navigate evolving business needs, demands for greater transparency and changing regulatory requirements.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will participate in Accounting Advisory engagements, work as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress, help prepare for meetings with target management teams, and participate in these meetings and assist in preparing reports and schedules for clients and other parties. You will also develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and build strong internal relationships within the EY Assurance business and across other services.
Contributing to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining assurance professionals will also form part of your role as will maintaining an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Strong academic record, with a degree in accounting or commerce
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an accounting advisory role or in external audit with a reputed firm
- Familiarity with either IFRS, finance transformation projects, digital transformation projects or transaction accounting requirements
- Understanding of risk- based auditing and risk and control strategies
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Professional certifications or a master’s program from a renowned institute (ACCA, CPA, ACA, MBA, CFA)
- Background in Oracle, SAP or other digital certification and programming languages
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.