Manager - Finance Operations, AVP
2 days left
- Experience level
Why this role is important to us
The team you may join is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. Charles River Development helps creating enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds.
Who we are looking for
A senior-level professional experienced in sales compensation and incentive planning and commission processing. Hands-on experience in supporting sales team and implementing sales and compensations process improvements from fin-tech company is needed to perform the role.
Your new role
As a Manager of Finance Operations you will:
- Own and maintain company commissions and quota attainment model, continuously identify opportunities for improvement and make changes to align with compensation plan mechanics
- Work cross-functionally with the sales, sales operations, finance, accounting, and human resources teams to ensure accurate and timely processing and payment of commissions
- Perform research on commission inquiries, resolve discrepancies, and communicate results to appropriate parties
- Liaise and partner with sales leadership and sales operations to establish a process for exception management on complex/extraordinary transactions, ensure strict adherence to process, and keep detailed records
- Become a subject matter expert and lead resource for sales teams globally, sales leadership, and sales operations on all questions related to plan mechanics and commission payments
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to the monthly commission administration process to increase transparency, promote a better understanding of plan mechanics, and provide an environment where the field can access and review all underlying details within their comp plan in a self-service manner
- Develop a process to timely identify and implement necessary changes to information in the commission system based on input from various teams
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and organized records of commission research, calculations, payouts, and reconciling items
- Calculate the monthly commission accrual, including variance analysis to actual payouts
- Assist in developing commissions expense forecast to support monthly forecasting and budget cycles
- Calculate quota attainment and deliver sales attainment and performance reporting to finance, sales, and senior company leadership teams, develop KPIs and analytics to measure the effectiveness of the compensation plan mechanics
- Assist in the sales compensation plan design and development, along with relevant financial modeling and analysis
- Lead communication and distribution of sales plan documents to the sales team participants
- Perform audit functions and maintain detailed documentation; responsible for commission SOX controls documentation and compliance, with a focus on continuous improvement of the control environment and processes
What we value
Skills needed to successfully perform the function:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience in Re-engineering and implementing new processes
- Solid organizational skills, process oriented approach, and attention to detail required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Advanced Excel, big data analysis, and financial modeling skills (proficiency in macros is a plus)
- Ability to work and think independently, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced complex environment
- Flexibility with schedule and ability work across multiple time zones when required
Education and preferred qualifications
Required experience and knowledge:
- 8+ years of experience with progressively growing responsibility in the high tech space operations in complex business and technical environments
- 5+ years of compensation experience that includes lead responsibility for commission processing, as well as significant knowledge and experience with sales incentive plan best practices and plan design
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required (Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics)
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport Card
- Additional holiday entitlement
- Remote work options
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings and technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.