SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Internal Auditor to join this growing team in the Midlands.
This business has a commitment to client service excellence. Known for commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an internal audit function in the professional legal services sector.
Reporting to Senior Audit Manager, the role will primarily focus on helping to deliver against the firm's Internal Audit Plan. The role will also involve contributing to the development of internal audit processes as well as coaching and supervision of other members of the Internal Audit team.
- Undertaking internal audits included in the Internal Audit Plan and the File Audit Programme. Audits will be conducted according to prescribed regulatory, legislative, internal and other compliance requirements applicable to ESI.
- Contributing to the annual audit plan process.
- Performing risk and control assessments.
- Coaching and supporting other members of the Internal Audit team.
- Maintaining clear records of evidence and audit activities to support any results and conclusions reached.
- Preparing audit reports, advisory reports and schedules to summarise audit results, findings and present recommendations to address any issues identified.
- Liaising with members of the Risk and Knowledge department and with other departments, teams and individuals as appropriate to articulate audit findings and agree remedial actions.
- Following up audit recommendations with departments, teams and individuals and preparing progress update reports.
- Analysing processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements and developments towards best practice.
- Undertaking training and other activities as necessary to become familiar with the regulatory, legislative, internal and other compliance regimes applicable to ESI.
- Working with the Internal Audit team and other members of the Risk and Knowledge department as required to deliver audit objectives and wider Risk and Knowledge objectives.
- Actively participating in the International Operations Team initiatives, working with colleagues across operations to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Escalating of issues to the Head of Risk and Knowledge where appropriate.
- Working with other members of the wider business as required to support in the delivery of the firm's objectives.
- Several years of internal audit experience and an in depth knowledge of auditing and control practices. Our client will also consider a first time mover from external audit within an accountancy firm.
- Experience of working in a risk and compliance environment.
- Partial or completed internal audit qualifications (IIA or similar) would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to deliver sensitive messages tactfully when required.
- Excellent level of IT and systems literacy.
Superb package and flexibility on offer. NO TRAVEL!!!!