Chief Data Office Tax Data Transformation PMO - Specialist
Corporate Finance Chief Data Office – Tax Data Transformation PMO - Associate
Description of the Team and Role:
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events.
The Corporate Finance Chief Data Office (CDO) as part of the Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting team is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance and driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities.
This role sits within the newly formed Tax CDO team within Corporate Finance CDO. The team will be supporting the implementation of a broad ranging modernization of Indirect Tax (e.g. VAT & GST) processes across numerous J.P.Morgan Lines of Business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support an end to end project and release cycle, inclusive of project or release scope, critical milestones, sourcing requirements, test strategy, execution and implementation checklists, and stakeholder/technology activities
- Present key project updates and risks with Tax stakeholders
- Understand and record Tax use cases across Locations and Lines of Business
- Understand, rationalize and record related Tax data requirements
- Identify data sourcing to support newly established automated tax determination processes
- Partner with Line of Business Technology and Operations teams to ensure upstream data and operating model meet Tax requirements
- Participate in relevant project grooming and testing efforts
- Aid preparation for business steering committees and working groups to coordinate data agendas
- Minimum 3 years experience in a major financial services organization
- Program and/or project management experience, preferably in a cross-LOB/function role under an Agile methodology
- Experience in delivering large complex programs and managing senior stakeholder relationships
- Some exposure to an analytical or data focused role
- Experience in a Finance, Middle Office or Chief Data Office role desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Good technical skills (PowerPoint, Visio, Project) desirable
- Data Modelling and Data Management skills desirable
- Financial Services VAT or GST knowledge a plus
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.