Group Financial Accountant
With continued growth expected and a very large recent client win this business is looking to bring on board a strong Group Financial Accountant who will support the Group Financial Controller in managing day-to-day finance activities, while driving process improvements and delivering the transformation agenda in Finance and the wider business.
This dynamic PE-backed Group has achieved significant growth through acquisition and organic evolution. It strives to lead the way in its sector through providing an ethical, compliance-focused, high quality service which is reflected in exceptional client retention and a first-class reputation. The Group has embarked on an ambitious transformation programme, which will touch all aspects of its business, with the objective of creating the most sophisticated proprietary technology in its field.
This is a great opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and become involved in variety of different areas as well as getting exposure to project work they would not typically be involved with.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Consolidation of Group Management accounts
- Group Tax compliance and liaison with Tax Advisors
- Company secretarial duties across the group
- Liaison with Auditors and Statutory Accounts preparation
- Leading the Group Payroll process and supporting the resolution of issues
- Managing and Deputising for the Group Payroll Supervisor
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller to deliver the Finance Transformation agenda
- Preparation of companies management accounts
- Coordination and validation of the Cash Flow Forecast
- Ensuring there are robust financial controls in place
- Oversight of the Financial Sub-Ledgers, whilst supporting the team to address any issues
- Supporting the Finance Assistant to raise and resolve the procurement compliance issues within the business
- Regular review of financial accounts processes with a view to continuous improvement
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE
- Good knowledge of financial controls and governance
- Strong technical accounting skills (tax, financial accounting standards, financial reporting, VAT legislation)
- Good understanding of changes in payroll legislation and government furlough scheme
- Previous experience of managing payroll function/process
- Delivering process improvements in previous company
- High standard of written and oral presentation skills
- Intermediate/ Advanced excel skills
- Advantageous if the candidate has previous experience of SAGE 200 Accounting and Payroll System
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills
- Management experience of a small team
- Be a team player (good fit with the existing team)
- High levels of determination and resilience
Competitive package and benefits- based on individual fit and experience.
The chance to really have an impact on the business and be a true leader by shaping the team dynamic.
Progression opportunities as you develop and the business grows.