Team Lead, Private Equity Accounting
5 days left
- Experience level
Day-to-day management responsibilities for a Private Capital Administration Team Lead include coordinating client service deliverables/projects, organizing the work of the team, assigning tasks, setting short-term priorities, and ensuring timely and accurate completion of tasks. Interact with PE Fund clients directly and manage issues and client expectations, if necessary. Possesses the knowledge, leadership and organizational skills required to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff. Additional responsibilities include performance management, supporting career development efforts, including enforcing, remediating, and escalating risk and client issues. Candidate will be able to operate independently and may be requested to work on large and/or complex projects/initiatives as needed.
- Set day-to-day management responsibilities for the private equity accounting/client service deliverables team by assigning, coordinating, delegating assignments and tasks.
- Develop periodic goals, organizes the work of the team, monitors all activity, and ensures timely and accurate completion and delivery of the work.
- Sets performance management expectations and supports career development efforts including providing feedback to staff and, if necessary, develop corrective priorities.
- Be technically competent regarding complex, extensive, high profile transactions surrounding all PE Fund activity e.g. capital calls, distributions, management fees’ investment purchases, divestments, carried interest calculations, etc. ensuring they are executed according to the LPA and standard accounting policies and procedures. This may require direct interaction with external senior investment management/principals and/or CFOs, Controllers, CCOs.
- Provide input, maintains and monitors departments risk management and compliance programs for assigned team. Monitors client relationship and servicing activities to ensure the team is adhering to the client’s service level agreement.
- Establishes & cultivates working relationship with clients and partners. Act as key a communicator between the client and client service teams for the deliverables and servicing activities. Understands client needs and reviews service requests to ensure the request has adequate information for a successful implementation.
- Coordinates and participates in training presentations regarding area’s products and services with partners and conducts on-the-job training with staff.
- Ensures that all necessary client documentation is completed according to audit guidelines.
- Monitors turnaround times so that product/services are provided by due date.
- Monitors and verifies account set up, maintenance and services for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews all bespoke, non-standard procedures for account processing.
- Provide management updates on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity, new developments, service and sensitive issues on a regular basis.
- Completes department and individual Key Performance Indicators per established procedures.
- Provide input and assist in implementing new technology and efficiency initiatives.
This position is technical and service relationship oriented. Knowledge of private equity fund industry, products and services for specified area, usually obtained through training and/or related work experience is critical and required to service clients. Communication and negotiation skills are required to ensure client satisfaction. Analytical skills are required in reviewing, researching and resolving issues surrounding accounting and financial aspects across transactional and summary levels. Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
3-4 years of accounting /securities operations experience and 5-6 years private equity fund accounting/administration experience with demonstrated growth of responsibility is a must with a minimum of 3 years client servicing or related experience. We are looking for individuals who have supervisory skills, the ability to work effectively in a team environment, exhibiting initiative, leadership, and flexibility. The ideal candidate will have a formal education in accounting and/or related business degree, understand the complexities of the private equity markets via past experience, and be well acquainted with Investran and MS Suite of Systems (Excel/Access/Word) (intermediate/advanced
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.